• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Any Gorgonian anyhwhere?

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I was wondering if anyone had any gorgonian they were willing to sell?

Thanks!!

OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try KP Aquatics. He's in Florida and I've gotten gorgonia from him that are doing well in my tank. Good prices, too.
I'll look into them! thanks!!

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of gorgonians? KP out of Islamorada is good. Live-plants.com out of tampa is good too.

I know somebody who’s looking to sell a large purple Pterogorgia anceps.

Honestly, given your location I’d just get a recreational collection license, and go get one myself from a few 100ft off the beach if i were you.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/snorkeling-collecting-discussion-group.412414/

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishnchip

fishnchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of gorgonians? KP out of Islamorada is good. Live-plants.com out of tampa is good too.

I know somebody who’s looking to sell a large purple Pterogorgia anceps.

Honestly, given your location I’d just get a recreational collection license, and go get one myself from a few 100ft off the beach if i were you.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/snorkeling-collecting-discussion-group.412414/
I'll give those guys a look! I'm nervous about bringing in pests so i thought it would be safer to buy from somewhere

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, there are no medicines for treating pests that may exist on soft corals. So therefore, what you get from the ocean is basically what you get from a collector.

You can/should shake off the gorgonian a bit if you like. Or keep it in quarantine for a few weeks before adding it to your tank , but I really don’t think that it will make a substantial difference. :)

Last edited:

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.6%
Back