Any ideas on how to get my BTA back to his old self again?

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ive had this GBTA for almost a year now and then something went wrong while our friend was watching him(also owns a reef tank). He was not doing too well for awhile,but i thing he is finally doing better. The biggest reason i'm worried about him is because his tentacles aren't as sticky as they should be and he can't grasp food well. This is him now(bellow the clowns)
reef tank 018.jpg
This was him before
0530151052h.jpg
0530151052i.jpg

This was my favorite nem so any ideas you guys can give me are appreciated. Thank you:)

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When mine started shrinking and not looking as happy as it was started feeding mine a piece of squid every other day.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try turning off flow and placing a piece of raw shrimp/fish/scallops, small pieces directly on the anemone, put a cherry basket or plastic colander over the anemone to prevent the fish and shrimp from stealing the food and harassing the anemone while it eats. Give the anemone like 30 minutes to move the piece of raw sea food to the oral opening.

Other than keeping water parameters good and providing excellent lighting it's pretty much up to the anemone. Try some carbon in the tank just to decrease any allelopathic responses going on in the tank.

You could also try a course of Cipro, not sure if it's indicated here, but if you continue to see a decline, not much to loose.

Sure are pretty anemones, hope it turns out well.

TheBiddys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks better than mine did. I had a bad experience with one (but it was my own fault). I didn't do my research and bought one from Fish Mania in Chattanooga, TN. They told me it was a white, green bubble tip anenome. What I didn't realize was that it was bleached except for the tips. I didnt know any better and bought it(always research in this hobby first, I was a newbie then). Needless to say I had a huge Diatom bloom a week later when it started to rot in my tank :( I tried to feed it but it would spit the food back out (before it died). I still wont buy an anenome to this day due to that experience, but yours looks like it should be fine.

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking at it seems that he was pushed for space. Those mushrooms have doubled in
size and the BTA shrunk in same.

OP
OP
mochaclownlover

mochaclownlover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He moved into a better spot two days ago and after i feed him a little bit of shrimp, he perked up a bit. My mocha clown loves him to death and has been keeping my annoying cleaner shrimp away from him while he eats.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back