Any ideas why im getting burnt tips?

Dannycelluk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2014
Messages
92
Reaction score
52
Location
Berkshire, uk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone got any ideas why some of my corals are getting burnt tips?:(

Water parameters are pretty spot on, flow is good. only thing I can think is that the LED's are too bright, but this particular coral was only a third up the tank and i have others that are at the top and look really healthy.

I have 3 corals in my tank this, a tri-colour and another similar to this but pink all getting burnt tips.

Have loads of other colonies doing great, good polyp extension/colour.

IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
 
@Russ265

I am going to say lack of nutrients to support the growth
right on target.
the answers about alk burn are also correct.

higher nutrients can allow more alk.
since your alk is already at 8. id look to up no3 or po4 if running aggressive gfo.
 
bring nitrates up 2-5ppm and po4 at .02ppm and you should be good.

either way i wouldnt worry too much about your growth tips.
 
How are you filtering out the Ozone? I have seen burnt tips when some Ozone use was a little high and getting into the tank. I would check you settings.
 
I have the same issue month ago, all my parameter are stable
Alk 8.4 dkh
Cal 420
Mag 1280-1320
No3 ~5
Po4 0.02
Then i check the rodi water tds it read 25 and after i fix the rodi tds i did 50% water change. Since then my coral healing from dying tip
 
Yes check your source water. Especially if your water has chloramines. Bad RO/DI can cause the same burned tips as high alk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new