Any Interest in a Group Buy?

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I wanted to see if there was enough interest in a Group Buy with WetThumbFrags to get a Group Buy going.
It looks like they've got 45% off on all of their stuff right now, and you can get an additional 10% off by using the code "firstbuy" when you check out.
They have some REALLY nice stuff listed right now too.
Before getting this going, I need to be sure we could meet the $250 minimum limit for free shipping.
So if you're interested, please either post here or PM me with the amount you'd be interested in spending on the GB through them and if I see we can meet the limit I'll get things going.
I live in Oak Ridge, so you'd have to come to my place in O.R. to pick up stuff if you do this.
I live about 5 mins away from Randy, if that helps.
Here's a link to how WetThumbFrags does their GB's:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f191/how-do-group-buy-wet-thumb-33970.html

Also, Happy New Years everyone!!!

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Weetie. I bought some really nice frags from WetThumb last year, I think they were at the MTRC swap?? . I'm holding off getting any coral until I get the 75 up and going, no room in the RSM now, but thanks for asking.

OP
OP
Weetabix7

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Weetie. I bought some really nice frags from WetThumb last year, I think they were at the MTRC swap?? . I'm holding off getting any coral until I get the 75 up and going, no room in the RSM now, but thanks for asking.

Yeah, I got a couple nice frags from them last year too, which is one of the reasons I know they have good stuff!
Their stuff doesn't just look good in the pics, it looks good in real life too.
Thanks for letting me know though. :)

OP
OP
Weetabix7

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wet Thumb Frags has offered to bring any frags purchased to the Frag Swap on 1/23, so we wouldn't have to pay shipping anyway.
As a result, I don't see any reason to do a Group Buy after all.
Happy New Year everyone!!!

TriMax

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw several things I wanted. What is your current level of interest from others? What is the "group order" deal?

OP
OP
Weetabix7

Weetabix7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw several things I wanted. What is your current level of interest from others? What is the "group order" deal?

I decided not to go ahead with it because Wet Thumb Frags will be at the Nashville Swap on 1/23 and they have said that we buy stuff from the site now and just pick it up at the Swap as long as we say in the Notes at Checkout that this is what we want to do.
Since doing this would allow to skip paying shipping altogether and since many of us (me included) plan on going to the Swap, there didn't seem to be a point in going ahead with the Group Buy.
They have several things I am interested in as well, though! :)
They really do have nice stuff, I saw their stuff in person at last years Nashville Swap.

macclellan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, what did you get Weetz?

Would you believe I bought nothing?!? I saw very little I wanted and nothing at a price I was willing to spend.

copper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should see how great the ReefBright LED light that I won lights up my RSM!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 124 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back