OP
OP
S

ShepBReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
29 gallons with a sump is enough room to do whatever coral wise. I think the main question was fish, but I have a fluval 32 gallon mixed reef that has been up for 2 years and I added corals in the first month that I still have.

This is my tank from earlier this year

Awesome tank!! What is the name of the coral at about 54secs? The large orange one?

OP
OP
S

ShepBReefin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, create a post about it and figure out why all was lost in your hands? I have a mandarin that's 5 years old.. others longer, each individual aquriam is so different, even wavemakers die
dang 5 years on the mandarin! How do you go about keeping it fed?

MixedMax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently have a 29g with a 10g sump. I would like to add some more fish and am debating what to add. I'm trying to create a community reef with hardy corals/fish.

Current stock:
2 oscellaris
1 scarlet cleaner shrimp
2 pajama cardinals (had 3 but they killed 1)
1 RBTA
1 YWG
-a few zooas/ candy cane corals

Various fish I have thought about: chalk bass, a royal gramma (had one but RBTA ate it), flame angel (don't know if I could swing it), midas/bicolor blenny, ... don't really know what else.
I'm not crazy about chromis.

I am new to the hobby- about 3-4mos in. I would like to add interesting fish with color/movement/personality/mostly reef safe and not going to kill eachother (wife would hate that) and not break the bank.

Totally open to suggestions and appreciate the input! I've been a r2r stalker for a while and you guys are awesome!
Rainfords goby! Will cruise different parts of the tank then the lifestock you have

Boehmtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word. Smaller tanks definitely are limiting but I like the ease of maintenance that comes with them. That's unfortunate about the clowns... I like good ole' oscellaris clowns... I'll keep my fingers crossed with them. Mandarins are awesome...but I don't know if I would get one solely from the feeding aspect of them.
Feeding is the trick. Even if you get them on prepared, they need something to do, so you gotta keep on top of your pods, hatch brine shrimp etc. Besides that, they seem the most unbothered by aquarium life. Very carefree and bold. And calming to watch.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back