Any local reef clubs in the Birmingham area that meet occasionally in person?

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There have been several attempts over the years. We had a couple meetings right before Covid in 2019/2020, but haven’t gotten it going again since then

WillJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any local reef clubs in the Birmingham area that meet occasionally in person?
Got back into the hobby last year and it has been hard connecting to other hobbyists due to covid. Would be awesome to set up a frag swap or get a group of hobbyists together sometime

OP
OP
P

poppafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got back into the hobby last year and it has been hard connecting to other hobbyists due to covid. Would be awesome to set up a frag swap or get a group of hobbyists together sometime
Great - I have things in the works and will contact you shortly.

WillJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys in any of the Facebook reef groups? We should try to set up a frag swap. Met a few guys on there I've been swapping with. One of them had his own reef shop at one time in Trussville we were talking about how the social side of the reefing community in the past few years has dwindled and coral prices have skyrocketed

Attachments

• 20220722_224055.jpg
    20220722_224055.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
P

poppafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you guys in any of the Facebook reef groups? We should try to set up a frag swap. Met a few guys on there I've been swapping with. One of them had his own reef shop at one time in Trussville we were talking about how the social side of the reefing community in the past few years has dwindled and coral prices have skyrocketed
I am on some fb groups - under the name Mike Green - i.e. Biocubes and Nanoreefs, and various saltwater fg groups. I don't know about you, but it makes me more comfortable knowing other local reef people whom I can bounce problems/ideas off of etc. I am very slowly building my reef tank. I am very new to the hobby. I have learned so much over the past 3 months, really I have learned enough to know how much more I need to learn - lol

WillJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some groups on Facebook. Met some cool guys on there and sometimes you'll see coral for sale and people helping each other out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220802-194529_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802-194529_Facebook.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 44

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t do Facebook anymore but check in here pretty often, I’ve been reefing for 20+ years and have been known to kick some frags to folks who are just getting started. Been ramping up my fish game lately, but about to get the coral fever again in my 200g

WillJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t do Facebook anymore but check in here pretty often, I’ve been reefing for 20+ years and have been known to kick some frags to folks who are just getting started. Been ramping up my fish game lately, but about to get the coral fever again in my 200g

Won't turn down some frags. Awesome tank I'll have to check your channel out

Stephen p

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved to trussville from out of state… tried to transport my tank and all my coral and fish died in transit. Is there any local reef supply or shops? It would be great to buy some small frags from people and get my tank back up in running… still dealing with the sting of lots of dead coral

Sefboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved to trussville from out of state… tried to transport my tank and all my coral and fish died in transit. Is there any local reef supply or shops? It would be great to buy some small frags from people and get my tank back up in running… still dealing with the sting of lots of dead coral
Man that is tough! Hate to hear it. Few members around the area that do frags. Reef life is a local shop out on highway 280. I’m also in Trussville so welcome, good place to live. Let me know if I can help with anything. No frags tho, I just started a new build after being out of the hobby for a couple years.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back