Any mangrove experts out there?

JohnnyTabasco

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2016
Messages
244
Reaction score
391
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a little help with my mangrove.
I have a mangrove in my nano tank and it's was growing fine for a long time.
So I wanted to cut it, to get it to grow some side branches. This is like 5 month ago. Since then it has dropped all it's leaves one by one.
To day the last two snapped off - dry on the inside.
I panicked and made the stupid decision of cutting the bare steam down to the top of the seed.
I noticed that the steam was not dried out on the inside.

I dose trace elements to the tank and I use klakwasser. My tank is running fine and water quality is good.

SO my two questions are.
1. What could some reasons be to why alle the leaves would fall of like that?
2. Is there any chance that it will start to grow again after cutting it down?
 
What are your nutrient levels in the tank? The mangrove may have depleted all of the available nutrients and essentially starved to death.

They usually don't take well to cutting especially at that size and now with no leaves, I suspect it probably won't make it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new