Any more SPS?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my SPS island. Basically monti caps coming out of the cave-like holes and then sticks glued to the top. Have a few acros that were given to me that are stuck to the sides in weird ways. Would you put anything else on this island or just leave it as is to grow out? I've been toying with the idea of a garf bonsai from a local and I wouldn't mind another color variant of monti digitata...

Tank: IM Nuvo 40Long AIO
Rocks: TBS premium + dried very old Fiji and Marshall Island rocks (that have purpled up very nicely) -- the SPS island is a Marshall Islands rock
Usual tank parameters: NO3 zilch, PO4 0.1-0.15, ALK 7.7-8.0, Ca/Mg maintained by AFR (I rarely measure, it's just always on the high range)
Flow: Maxspect gyre 2K, soon to be swapped for two opposing Maxspect gyre xf330s
Food: Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast + Phyto Feast dosed 5x daily (ROE and Tigger pods also dosed, but that goes to the fish)
Light: 3x Noopsyche Minis. Top of rock is easily getting 300-350 PAR during peak.

1693763003316.png

Propane

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like what you got will fill in nicely as is. That being said more never hurts lol.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forest fire digi does sound nice! How would a garf bonsai grow? Slowly? Narrow and upward? Spreading out? Best placement?

Now that I finally have some SPS growing, I regret not having a bigger tank and more space!!

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Know what, I'm kinda thinking of removing the bigger birdsnest, fragging it up and making space for some more fun stuff. I like the birdsnest, but it has tripled in size over the past 4 month and is starting to make its way to the water surface.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garfs grow slow. Just don't make the mistake I did and place frags to close together. I was anticipating some frag die off but everything grew into colonies on top of each other instead.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back