Any new product announcements at MACNA 2019?

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there was a reef pi that was supposed to bring that to the market but they vanished scurbbed the net of all traces, YT vids, website, FB, etc.
Usually when that happens, it's because a big company is interested in the tech and want to purchase and patent the idea. More than likely the big company asked the inventor to remove all traces of the idea/product off the net to limit exposure.

Keep an eye out for it to hit the market in a few years and you'll be able to put the pieces together and deduce what happened.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Usually when that happens, it's because a big company is interested in the tech and want to purchase and patent the idea. More than likely the big company asked the inventor to remove all traces of the idea/product off the net to limit exposure.

Keep an eye out for it to hit the market in a few years and you'll be able to put the pieces together and deduce what happened.

Great point!

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I thought the same thing., in fact I am pretty sure that is what went down. might even be the Hydros who knows? well I am sure someone dose but not I. haha

Carlos@CoralVue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the same thing., in fact I am pretty sure that is what went down. might even be the Hydros who knows? well I am sure someone dose but not I. haha

I can assure you that the HYDROS Control 2 and Control 4 and 100% engineered, designed and assembled here in the great US of A. This is not a product that CoralVue has imported from overseas or purchased from a different company. The HYDROS family of products is 100% CoralVue. They were created and designed by the hobbyists that work at CoralVue and felt that there was a need for a good, hardy, easy-to-use and inexpensive controller in the market.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can assure you that the HYDROS Control 2 and Control 4 and 100% engineered, designed and assembled here in the great US of A. This is not a product that CoralVue has imported from overseas or purchased from a different company. The HYDROS family of products is 100% CoralVue. They were created and designed by the hobbyists that work at CoralVue and felt that there was a need for a good, hardy, easy-to-use and inexpensive controller in the market.

Carlos,

We were talking about this product from Icecap. Using what I assume is a variant of eTape to sense water lever

69355113_1325303284313518_9066457178678352170_n.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm glad to see the Hydros. I believe it fills a solid need in the industry

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this and where can you find this?? How are the reviews on this product and has it released yet??

I am checking on this now for you. As soon as I hear the latest updates, I will immediately come back here and spill the beans! Thank you for your interest and patience in the meantime.

Talk soon,

Jeff @ CoralVue

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are these roller mat to replace filter socks?? And will not have to worry about putting them in the filter socks area?? Can you get me more details please..

Yes, the Klir Filter is intended to replace your filter socks. It uses filter fleece for mechanical filtration. As the material gets used and clogs up, the Klir automatically replaces it with new clean filter fleece. Once the roll is used up, you just toss the dirty roll and replace it with a new one.

The original Klir models, the Di-4 and Di-7, drop into your filter sock holder. The major benefit of those models is that they drop right into your filter sock holder without any plumbing required.

However, Klir realizes these aren't one-size-fits-all solutions, so they developed this new version that you can use inside your sump without having to drop it inside your filter sock holder. The caveat is that you will need to plumb it into your system. Still, the advantage of this model vs. other automatic fleece filters is that it's very compact, so you won't have to carve out a bunch of space in or above your sump to accommodate it.

The model I saw at MACNA was extremely similar to the Di-4, except that it had that new adjustable hang-on bracket along with some plumbing parts to make installation easier. The general concept is still the same: as the fleece gets dirty, the water level inside the Klir rises. The optical eye (like what many auto top-off systems use) senses the water level change and activates the motor, which removes the dirty fleece from the water and replaces it with clean fleece. There was carbon inside the lid like the other models.

I do not have firm product details at the moment, but if you're trying to size the thing, it's nearly identical to the Di-4 except for the hang-on bracket and plumbing. As soon as I get more information, I will be sure to post it here on R2R!

#klirfilter

crash29ca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That water changer reminds me of a product that was around in the 90s called Dialyseas. It was literally a converted kidney dialysis machine that did water changes from a bucket of instant ocean and an RO input.

It was insanely expensive, wasted a ton of water and used salt at an alarming rate.

Hopefully this is purpose built and has the bugs worked out.
It’s the same company and the still have the dailyseas system.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back