New Hydros Product Coming!

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralvue just announced they are coming out with a new "all in one" controller called the launch. It's like smashing the Control X4 and Control XP8 together into 1 box and changing around some features.

1709910813936.png

fltt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its Like a little taste of every controller they offer.

OP
OP
JeffB418

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$549 is wild. I was thinking +/- $300….
X4 starter pack is $450 and includes the X4, pH, temp probe, power supply and 4 outlet WiFi strip. For $100 more you are getting:
- 4 hardwired outlets instead of WiFi
- 2 more drive ports
- salinity port instead of second ph/orp port
- upgraded internal meanwell power supply

Value add for the $100

OP
OP
JeffB418

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although this is kind of exciting, I was a touch disappointed in just a 10vlt in and not a out
The 4 0-10v out were traded for 4 AC outlets. Only so many pins on these microcontrollers. Always can add on a wave engine for 0-10v out as well.

Fish_Fry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the expected release date? Is it still on track to be this month?

I've been wanting to add a Hydros controller and this exactly what I'm looking for. I like the hardwired outlet control instead of having to rely on WiFi. I also like having a salinity port without spending $800 on the X10.

I'm going out of town at the end of the month. Having this setup before then will make things much easier on the dog sitter.

Thanks
Tom

OP
OP
JeffB418

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the expected release date? Is it still on track to be this month?

I've been wanting to add a Hydros controller and this exactly what I'm looking for. I like the hardwired outlet control instead of having to rely on WiFi. I also like having a salinity port without spending $800 on the X10.

I'm going out of town at the end of the month. Having this setup before then will make things much easier on the dog sitter.

Thanks
Tom
Should be rolling out this month but availability will be limited due to demand. Honestly I would not suggest putting automation in place unless you have 2-4 weeks of time before you leaving to make sure everything is safe and sound. My rule for anytime I leave my tanks, is I NEVER do anything major within a month and nothing minor within a week or two.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks
Tom
If you get it too close to leaving just use it for monitoring the tank. Not sure how you control things now but you could always set the outputs up as constants and you could intervene by using the override if you think you need to but I would leave control as is this close to leaving. Also you will need to get the salinity kit to get a salinity probe. The temp and pH come with the controller I believe though.

Fish_Fry

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the comments on the timing. Agreed, I want to be around for a little bit before relying on it & leaving town.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 82 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back