Any one ever been stung by a bristle worm?

scubastevesfish941

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Bradenton
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristle worm sting?? In all my 32 years of keeping tanks, 13 of them salt. And doing maintenance for a living, I've never been stung by anything. Until today, In my own Reef tank!! As I grabbed a rock to move it over a little to adjust some coral, I felt a prick or something in my 2 middle fingers. At first I thought it was my urchin but then saw that urchin on the other side of the tank. I'm guessing it was a bristle worm? Couldn't see the back of the rock to find out and I wasn't going to grab it again! Anyways, has anyone ever been stung by one? My finger hurt like a *****! Throbbing still hasn't stopped all the way, 6 hours later!!! dang that hurt

IMG_20230317_131959623.jpg IMG_20230324_210443604~4.jpg IMG_20230323_134035908.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new