OP
jsker

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you guys mean when you say mixed reef as of sps lps softies, or something else
That we have a mix of different coral types.
72 Gallon Bowfront with 15 gallon DIY Sump, (2) Hydra 26 Hd's, using the Balling Method and AF products. Live in South Orlando
IMG_4106.JPG

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I have always had crushed puka shells and really like the black sand. Yes that is my coral that I brought back for near death, and it has grown in nicely. I have a frag of the red monti and a birds nest that I would like to swap.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man how have you been:)
Been good, just working WAY too much. Kind of bummed, got a new frag of Tyree Red Dragon in yesterday morning. Drip acclimated it for 4 hours yesterday afternoon and did a CoralRx dip, put it in my tank last night and woke up this morning to what looked like RTN. Couldn't do much about it since I was late for work, but about to leave and hoping it is doing better, if not will just have to frag off what isn't melting away and go from there. How is everything going with you?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been good, just working WAY too much. Kind of bummed, got a new frag of Tyree Red Dragon in yesterday morning. Drip acclimated it for 4 hours yesterday afternoon and did a CoralRx dip, put it in my tank last night and woke up this morning to what looked like RTN. Couldn't do much about it since I was late for work, but about to leave and hoping it is doing better, if not will just have to frag off what isn't melting away and go from there. How is everything going with you?
Ah shoot not good and that is a sweet one too. I am fighting the evil diatom with an outbreak.

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was about a 2in frag, was only able to get two 1/4in pieces that werent showing rtn yet. Hopefully they will pull through. Diatoms suck, I get them from time to time. Especially when I switched my sump for the trigger 34 and put in 2 marinepure blocks.
Ah shoot not good and that is a sweet one too. I am fighting the evil diatom with an outbreak.

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was about a 2in frag, was only able to get two 1/4in pieces that werent showing rtn yet. Hopefully they will pull through. Diatoms suck, I get them from time to time. Especially when I switched my sump for the trigger 34 and put in 2 marinepure blocks.

That sound about what I have going on now. This DIY sump has been running for about 3 months with the marinepure balls

That will be great if the frags make it.

Sorry we got chatty

Saltine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I've never drip acclimated corals :0 4 hours?!

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I've never drip acclimated corals :0 4 hours?!
Yea my LFS keeps their Alk at 10-11 dKH. I run mine around 7.5-8, so I take the extra time to make sure the corals get acclimated to the 2-3+ drop in alkalinity, from the store to my tank. It is a long process, but worth it especially after spending too much money on the corals, ;).

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sound about what I have going on now. This DIY sump has been running for about 3 months with the marinepure balls

Sorry we got chatty
Lol, it happens, nothing wrong with getting chatty, maybe some of our chats will help out others, with the mistakes that we are having or have had. :)

Ricardo Berrios

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry we got chatty

How do the marine pure balls work for you? Or the block. Do they really work better than Live rock cause i have a rock on my sump and 5 of those balls on a high flow area to get the most water through the balls as possible.

What do you guys recommend?

OP
OP
jsker

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do the marine pure balls work for you? Or the block. Do they really work better than Live rock cause i have a rock on my sump and 5 of those balls on a high flow area to get the most water through the balls as possible.

What do you guys recommend?
I have not noticed any real difference
  • I just added a light to the sump two weeks ago
  • Last week I tossed in some live rock rubble
I am hoping with light and live rock that will see the marine pure balls. I dumped the hole box in and spread the balls around the sump in the flow areas.

mgoesma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone a member of orca? They have a meeting next Sunday and I'm planning on going to meet reefers in the area.

R_C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mgoesma, Where are they holding the meet? Maybe I'll check them out. I was a member of Frag a few years ago.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone a member of orca? They have a meeting next Sunday and I'm planning on going to meet reefers in the area.
Hello, I am an ORCA member and should be at the meeting this month. From the ORCA site... I will try to remember to update this page when they post the address for Jason's house.

September meeting Saturday 25th.
This month's meeting will be a speaker presentation on Saturday September 25th. The event will be held at the home of Jason & Mary Van Deuren
Address will be posted later

Justin Zimmerman will be our special guest speaker and he will be speaking about "Coral Spawning".
As always the presentation will be opened to the public
Doors opens at 6:00PM presentation starts at 7:00PM

There's going to be a good raffle and of course some snacks.

See you there !!!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back