Any one use an oxygen sensor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All
As the title says, I’m considering getting one, but just wondering how any of you have gone on with them, are they tricky to maintain, do they seem to give accurate results? I’ve seen ghl sell a maintence kit and I’m wondering if they are a bit of a pain to use or not. I’m not having any problems in my reef, but seeing as I measure everything else I’m thinking why not oxygen as well.
Thoughts and experiences please chaps
Paul

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mortie31 - Yes I am using the Oxygen Sensor. I just installed two weeks ago on my new tank build and have one running also on my other tank.

The Kit is Fairly easy to do, the instructions within it pretty much explain how to use it.

24DFF4D2-E1D7-43AC-B39B-0C5B3C3232EA.png

The above numbers are from my new tank installation so everything is still coming up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mortie31

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Mortie31 - Yes I am using the Oxygen Sensor. I just installed two weeks ago on my new tank build and have one running also on my other tank.

The Kit is Fairly easy to do, the instructions within it pretty much explain how to use it.

24DFF4D2-E1D7-43AC-B39B-0C5B3C3232EA.png

The above numbers are from my new tank installation so everything is still coming up.
Thanks Ditto, did you buy the maintenance kit as well? And did you install it in a measurement cell or just in a holder?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have the maintenance kit as well. Very easy to use.

I just purchased from GHL a one probe holder and placed it within that and stuck it next to my other 4 probes.

ColoradoBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to see if either of you found any value in monitoring O2 levels? I wouldn't think it would be that useful. Have you actually seen it go down to a significant level?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I been monitoring oxygen and ORP. As my orp rises my oxygen stays the same. But when something goes wrong for example my skimmer stopped working, I watched my ORP rise and oxygen level drop. I have noticed water change impact orp more then oxygen. I have learned a few things that have allowed me to better tune my tank.

I am still learning from it. It not a necessity for my tank, but another way to monitor my tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back