Any op's on decent activated carbon ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter cracker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
So what's the more cost effective acid washed carbon? I need something that I can buy in large quantity. I'm considering the TLF Hydrocarbon2, and emailed them about bulk quantities.



I'm not a fan of the reactor style that is a modified RO canister. I'm also not a fan of a product (in this case carbon) that requires "special handling" in order to use it. I'll stick with a carbon that's more user friendly.

How much bulk? You can reach out to Cabot corp too that makes the Rox 0.8. They will only sell in bulk.

Edit: just read the second part. Cabot Corp also sells larger grain sizes.
 
Last edited:
How much bulk? You can reach out to Cabot corp too that makes the Rox 0.8. They will only sell in bulk.

Edit: just read the second part. Cabot Corp also sells larger grain sizes.
100 lbs?? I'll email Cabot. Thank you.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new