Any Other Fish?

henryriesett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is my first post, and was wondering if I can put any other fish in my tank. It is a 75g, 48” 18” 21”. Right now I have a black cardinal fish, and ocellaris clown, engineer goby, fire shrimp, and a lemon peel angel. Can I/should I add anything else, and what?

KJ_north

Just a fin loving girl in Maine
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The exact number of fish you can keep in any tank is governed by a variety of factors- and not only the size of your tank. The available habitat, size of the fish, and tolerance of tankmates should also be considered. Longer tanks provide more usable space and present the largest variety of different fish to choose from. Smaller tanks with limited swim room will eliminate large fish that need plenty of space to feel comfortable. Make sure to consider the adult size of the fish when you’re stocking. I find a lot of the online retailers list the minimum tank size, and although this is handy please don’t rely on it solely as it doesn’t consider existing stock. Also, more stock means a heavier bioload so make sure you’re filtration can handle what ever you’re throwing at it.

With your current tank size and stock, you can certainly add more- if you plan to add corals you’ll need to make sure any new addition isn’t going to get the munchies and see them as snacks. As far as compatibility- I like this chart from Live Aquaria—

Attachments

• IMG_2399.jpeg
    IMG_2399.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 11

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, this is my first post, and was wondering if I can put any other fish in my tank. It is a 75g, 48” 18” 21”. Right now I have a black cardinal fish, and ocellaris clown, engineer goby, fire shrimp, and a lemon peel angel. Can I/should I add anything else, and what?
You could add a blenny of some kind! I really like midas blennies. So cute and lots of personality. In my 70 I have a pair of maroon clowns, 2 damsels, an engineer goby, 3 zebra gobies, butterfly, dottyback, 3 chromis, a long nose hawkfish and a starry blenny. All get along just fine!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back