Any Reefers from the Hampton Roads Area

CleverGorilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to reach out to the admins on here and see if we can get a club badge created.
Where are you located?
I live in Chesapeake, VA. Seems like there are quite a few reefers in the area. It would be nice to have meetings if there is support for it.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Chesapeake, VA. Seems like there are quite a few reefers in the area. It would be nice to have meetings if there is support for it.
There definitely are quite a few. Unfortunately since MAMAS went away a few years back I’ve lost touch with many people.

Caleb barger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah everyone I speak to is in chesapeak or va beach. Looks like ill be driving alot for trades XD
I live in Gloucester...

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working to get something established on here with admins. Should be coming anytime now. On another note, would anyone be interested in so JF Cry Baby zoas or a few other high end ones? My wife is trimming her little garden back and wants them to go to a good home.
image.jpg

$10 will get you as much as you would like on a 1” plug. I also have a few others.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

CleverGorilla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working to get something established on here with admins. Should be coming anytime now. On another note, would anyone be interested in so JF Cry Baby zoas or a few other high end ones? My wife is trimming her little garden back and wants them to go to a good home.
image.jpg

$10 will get you as much as you would like on a 1” plug. I also have a few others.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Those look awesome. Getting our tank built now, will have to get some from you once it’s ready for coral!

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those look awesome. Getting our tank built now, will have to get some from you once it’s ready for coral!
Thank you, well they will be here. If you know anyone else looking for some... just let me know. I also have lots of sticks if anyone would be interested in a trade or sale.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like your waterbox? I was looking at the Cube 20 and the Aquatop and comparing them. What do you like or don't like about the Waterbox?
For being a complete setup I definitely love it. I used to have a Red Sea and it was harder to dial in. The main thing I do not like about my 7226 is the sump. I wanted to install a ClariSea but I had to settle on the Klirs because of the setup.

seaescape

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For being a complete setup I definitely love it. I used to have a Red Sea and it was harder to dial in. The main thing I do not like about my 7226 is the sump. I wanted to install a ClariSea but I had to settle on the Klirs because of the setup.

I used to have a Red Sea Max. It was modified with an overflow box. I was running a sump/refugium and had a Reef Oktopus Skimmer on it. I also built an Auto Top Off system for it. That was my first tank.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a Red Sea Max. It was modified with an overflow box. I was running a sump/refugium and had a Reef Oktopus Skimmer on it. I also built an Auto Top Off system for it. That was my first tank.
Where are you located? What type of corals are you into?

seaescape

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Back in the day HRCC used to meet at different people's houses. I met lots of amazing people, did frag swaps, and bought frags from a lot of people. There were raffles and give aways at each of the meetings. When I moved to Virginia Beach I gave my tanks away. Now that I'm back in Newport News I'm Getting back into the hobby. I'm picking up an Aquatop 24G Nano Tank tomorrow weather permitting. Then looking at another nano tank down the road and possibly a pico as well.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in the day HRCC used to meet at different people's houses. I met lots of amazing people, did frag swaps, and bought frags from a lot of people. There were raffles and give aways at each of the meetings. When I moved to Virginia Beach I gave my tanks away. Now that I'm back in Newport News I'm Getting back into the hobby. I'm picking up an Aquatop 24G Nano Tank tomorrow weather permitting. Then looking at another nano tank down the road and possibly a pico as well.
I do not think I was in the hobby yet when that was established but I do miss the MAMAS shows that used to be local. A couple friends and I have talked about trying to get this thread back alive and getting a social gathering back but it seems like the community here is slow going. I am located in Norfolk. If you ever need help with anything or have some questions please fill free to ask. If your ever interested in SPS I am always cutting pieces. My wife has several different zoas as well.

seaescape

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not think I was in the hobby yet when that was established but I do miss the MAMAS shows that used to be local. A couple friends and I have talked about trying to get this thread back alive and getting a social gathering back but it seems like the community here is slow going. I am located in Norfolk. If you ever need help with anything or have some questions please fill free to ask. If your ever interested in SPS I am always cutting pieces. My wife has several different zoas as well.

Thanks, I have decided to do two tanks at this point. I'm going to do a a 24G Nano and a 5G Pico. The pico I think I'll keep more softies. I have always liked the idea of a ricordia waterfall style tank. But once I get my tanks established I will for sure hit you up for some frags. I'm down for trying to getting this thread revived some. I requested to join the HRCC group on facebook but I am still waiting to be accepted. My first anemone was given to me by someone in the group. His grew very large and then split several times so he gave me one of his. Mine did the same so I paid it forward. The community that we had years ago was amazing... When someone had a tank emergency they would put out the SOS and people would come from all over to help. I think it can get back to that.

jblasi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have decided to do two tanks at this point. I'm going to do a a 24G Nano and a 5G Pico. The pico I think I'll keep more softies. I have always liked the idea of a ricordia waterfall style tank. But once I get my tanks established I will for sure hit you up for some frags. I'm down for trying to getting this thread revived some. I requested to join the HRCC group on facebook but I am still waiting to be accepted. My first anemone was given to me by someone in the group. His grew very large and then split several times so he gave me one of his. Mine did the same so I paid it forward. The community that we had years ago was amazing... When someone had a tank emergency they would put out the SOS and people would come from all over to help. I think it can get back to that.
Well I look forward to seeing your tank once it’s together. Let me know if there is any equipment your looking for. I have a few MP10’s that are in storage and a few other random things.

Back