Any thoughts on Clownfish and Silicon Anemone in a FOWLR?

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi All, I have an 8 foot 240G FOWLR and I have a pair of clown hosting in a Silicon Anemone.

My fishes do not fight and live happily... it's a 1.5 yr old tank with all fishes together for 3 months, no change and 0 fight.

The clownfish is hosting in a silicon Anemone and eats, sleeps around it.

I do not want to keep invertebrates .. so did not add real Anemone.. i had kept a couple of clown before without any Anemone and they did not make it ... and the current clown pair loves the artificial anemone... and it is soft Anemone..

Question- has anyone done similar hosting?

Can this continue for long term?

Amit.

20190907_200651_1_1.gif

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never done it because I have anemones, but I don't see why this wouldn't work long term. Clownfish do fine in a FOWLR tank without a host, so by providing them with a fake host and since they've taken to it, they'll most likely stick close to it and feel more comfortable in the tank.

Raptor72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried this placebo while my tank matured enough to get real nems. They were fine at first but became slimy after a month and a half. They were the silicone type. I pulled them out and went with the real thing.

OP
OP
Singspot

Singspot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I tried this placebo while my tank matured enough to get real nems. They were fine at first but became slimy after a month and a half. They were the silicone type. I pulled them out and went with the real thing.
My Blenny keeps the silicon nem clean!

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, I have an 8 foot 240G FOWLR and I have a pair of clown hosting in a Silicon Anemone.

My fishes do not fight and live happily... it's a 1.5 yr old tank with all fishes together for 3 months, no change and 0 fight.

The clownfish is hosting in a silicon Anemone and eats, sleeps around it.

I do not want to keep invertebrates .. so did not add real Anemone.. i had kept a couple of clown before without any Anemone and they did not make it ... and the current clown pair loves the artificial anemone... and it is soft Anemone..

Question- has anyone done similar hosting?

Can this continue for long term?

Amit.

20190907_200651_1_1.gif

Clownfish do not host. They are Hosted By something. FYI.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back