• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Any thoughts on what this candy cane colony is worth?

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've taken down my frag tank and need to sell this, which is temporarily in my display. It's gotting huge. Any thoughts on what it's worth?
IMG_1203.jpg

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not much. You’d make way more by selling it 2 heads at a time. Very few people have a tank big enough for that. In a world of home wreckers though and other redicoulous nonsense I have been pining for one of those! Sentimental for me

OP
OP
G

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sort of broke up into a number of pieces when I removed it from the frag tank, probably a couple hundred heads. If there's anyone here in WI please make me an offer!

IMG_0083.jpg
IMG_0084.jpg

danreefman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's worth what one will pay for it. In a fish store they are like xenia, always gets the first timers. Easy sale in a fish store, almost have to pay people to take it, on the streets. But theres always someone that wants it.

ReeferBill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where in Wisconsin? I’m in Green Bay and would take a chunk. Let me know. Thanks.

flyfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's worth what one will pay for it. In a fish store they are like xenia, always gets the first timers. Easy sale in a fish store, almost have to pay people to take it, on the streets. But theres always someone that wants it.

i totally bought a pale brown xenia as a rookie....months later i was trying to kill them by flipping rocks over.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The trouble with pricing corals is that it really is a supply/demand thing. It's worth whatever someone will pay. Also, colonies don't usually sell at by the polyp prices. So, if a coral sells for $5 per polyp, and you have a colony of 15 heads, that doesn't mean it'll sell for $75. That's just not how it works usually.

OP
OP
G

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, I still have about 25 heads, sold the rest. I also have hammers, leathers and other stuff I've fragged or would be willing to frag.

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Superior up north. Anyway we could figure something out, I would pay shipping once the cold goes away.

OP
OP
G

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have quite a few hammers fragged, some toadstool, some candy cane, some birds nest and a bunch of SPS either fragged or in colonies in my main tank that I can cut pieces from.

I'm not familiar with how to ship corals though...

IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back