Any way to set a delay on Helios controller

  • Thread starter Thread starter hllb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2019
Messages
2,345
Reaction score
1,616
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When setting up my new tank I moved to a Helios controller instead of an Ink Bird. On my Ink bird, you could specify when it would start heating. I had mine set to let the temperature swing a bit before the heater would kick on - about 1.5 or 2 degrees. This seemed fine to me and meant the controller didn’t kick on as often.

I don’t see a way to do this on Helios. It keeps the temperature in a very tight range. Which from a temperature perspective is fine, I just don’t want to wear the controller out unnecessarily.

Here’s how often it kicks on in a day:
IMG_3166.jpeg
 
Bumping...but guessing no response is my answer LOL
 
I just worry it'll wear out more quickly that way. The warranty is good, so maybe not a big deal
I have two running on two different tanks. One has been on for over two years with no issues. I have never read anything where folks report a failure.
 
.5 degrees is too much of a swing? I think that looks good to me. My helios swings a little less than that, but not much.
No, I’d prefer a bigger swing, up to 2 degrees. Just to eliminate wear and tear on the equipment.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new