Any worries with used sumps?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NancyFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NancyFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2024
Messages
680
Reaction score
206
Location
conneticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a used shops AF-100, looks pretty good for the most part. Cost is on par with a baffle kit. Our tank is a 65g.

Any worries with used dumps, carry over diseases etc? Leaks would be big but other than that I’m not sure if I’d miss something missing in it. Thoughts?
 
I found a used shops AF-100, looks pretty good for the most part. Cost is on par with a baffle kit. Our tank is a 65g.

Any worries with used dumps, carry over diseases etc? Leaks would be big but other than that I’m not sure if I’d miss something missing in it. Thoughts?
Fill it with bleach and hose water outside and no worry of disease. Leaks aren't much of a concern with acrylic if it looks good to the eye (if it was stored inside).
 
Fill it with bleach and hose water outside and no worry of disease. Leaks aren't much of a concern with acrylic if it looks good to the eye (if it was stored inside).
There’s attached dosing tubes, should they be replaced or bleach will work too?
 
Assuming no mechanical/structural issues, I’d not overly fuss.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new