Anybody keep Scribbled Box (Ostracion Solorensis)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter salty joe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Does this boxfish have a decent chance of thriving in captivity?
They get very large...theyll also nip at feather dusters and similar livestock but id say if your tank is big enough than definitely. Theyre like puffers...they have a personality.
 
This guy only gets to be 5" or 12 centimeters.

Mostly wondering if this is one of those fish that just don't adapt to captivity. I'm hoping to get someone with experience with this boxfish.
 
This guy only gets to be 5" or 12 centimeters.

Mostly wondering if this is one of those fish that just don't adapt to captivity. I'm hoping to get someone with experience with this boxfish.
Ive kept Ostracion meleagris...I assumed they attained similar size.
 
How long did you keep it? How much did it grow? What did you feed it?
It was years ago so its hard to remember precisely how long I had it before it sadly got a case of ich and since they dont tolerate copper well (or so I was told at the time) he unfortunately passed away after several months. He was small about 3 inches when I got him and didnt grow a great deal in those several months bjt loved oysters and other shellfish on the shell. He was really a joy because kf his (actually her) personality. Theyre very personable. It killed me inside when she died.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new