Anybody know about this growth?

oceaninabox

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
603
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had some wonderful blastomussa and acans over time that have developed what appears to be a growth. I dont think it's bad as they appear to be growing well and seem to be fat and happy. But have not seen them before on other colonies. These 2 particular colonies I have had in this system over a year. Remind me of what people get like a mole or something!!!!

wart2.JPG

wart1.JPG
 
One of my acans had that for a while. It went away when I added more flow. The flesh is just bubbling out as the polyps in the middle try to spread.
 
Yep. I've seen it too. Just add some more flow around them. It seems to be harmless.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new