Anybody know where to get custom macbook cases made?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2012
Messages
40,646
Reaction score
67,844
Location
Fontana, California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really want a custom macbook plastic shell/case. I know some places do skins, but I really don't want stickers... :D I want to make a REEF2REEF case for my MacBook. :D
 
Never used it: https://www.mrnutcase.com/en-US/personalised-macbook-cover/

A word of caution on cases;
Cases add layers to the laptop. Those layers add insulation that the designers never planned on. They generally shouldn't be an issue, but it's possible if you run your laptop hot (eg; heavy processing, large file manipulation, etc.). It'll be important to make sure that the vents are in no way blocked by any case. I wouldn't expect them to be, of course, but it's worth checking for (if possible).
The same insulation concerns don't really apply to skins, thin as they are. Blocking of vents, yes - don't do that, of course.
 
Never used it: https://www.mrnutcase.com/en-US/personalised-macbook-cover/

A word of caution on cases;
Cases add layers to the laptop. Those layers add insulation that the designers never planned on. They generally shouldn't be an issue, but it's possible if you run your laptop hot (eg; heavy processing, large file manipulation, etc.). It'll be important to make sure that the vents are in no way blocked by any case. I wouldn't expect them to be, of course, but it's worth checking for (if possible).
The same insulation concerns don't really apply to skins, thin as they are. Blocking of vents, yes - don't do that, of course.
Cool! Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new