Anybody put a float valve in a Waterbox pump Chamber

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to do a Gravity ato in my Waterbox Marine X 60.2. I am wanting to do an Avast ato with a solonoid and a float as backup.

The Waterbox pump chambers are quite small and I am worried that both the pump and float won't fit.

Anybody have a setup with a float in the pump chamber. If so please share pictures.

Last edited:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe not?

BUMP

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have the Waterbox Peninsula 5526 and used the Tunze Osmolator 3155 auto top off. I didn't go with the manual floating auto top off since the salt builds up over time and will fail and the water will just keep trickling and will flood the sump. Even with the 3155 after several years of using the salt line built up on mine and caused the sensor not to work. I had to take it out and dipped in vinegar and it was like new again. So I wouldn't recommend to use the ATO with floating valve.

OP
OP
bluerider098

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Waterbox Peninsula 5526 and used the Tunze Osmolator 3155 auto top off. I didn't go with the manual floating auto top off since the salt builds up over time and will fail and the water will just keep trickling and will flood the sump. Even with the 3155 after several years of using the salt line built up on mine and caused the sensor not to work. I had to take it out and dipped in vinegar and it was like new again. So I wouldn't recommend to use the ATO with floating valve.
Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting an Avast Ato with a pressure switch. These have no moving parts so I feel like they are less susceptible to failure. I then have a float valve as a backup. It's one of the big float valves with an arm like what you would see in a toilet tank tank. I think that design is less susceptible to salt creep vs. the style on the tunze.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back