Anyone ever try Freeboarding?

Yes, I've tried it. I was an expert Snowboarder for 20 years. But, after trying Freeboarding about six times with full pads and hitting the pavement a few times it was sold. Plus I'm over 40 so I'll stick to the snow.
Ah man. That's not what I wanted to hear haha. Other than the eating pavement instead of powder, what made it more difficult than snowboarding?
 
I skateboarded for a good 10 years also. Getting used to transitioning from the center wheels to the outer wheels and dragging those outer wheels smoothly to carve turns or stop. If I was in my 20's I'm sure I would have kept at it. But, with bad knees and a back surgery under my belt I decided this PROBABLY wasn't a good idea. And I'm thinking of quitting Disc Golf also.
 
I skateboarded for a good 10 years also. Getting used to transitioning from the center wheels to the outer wheels and dragging those outer wheels smoothly to carve turns or stop. If I was in my 20's I'm sure I would have kept at it. But, with bad knees and a back surgery under my belt I decided this PROBABLY wasn't a good idea. And I'm thinking of quitting Disc Golf also.
Haha at least you came to the realization before a serious fall. One of my friends fell while long boarding and ended up in a coma for 7 days.
Getting old sucks, Don't do it!
I suppose taking up free boarding as a hobby is a way to avoid getting old...especially if you skip the helmet part
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new