Anyone experienced Apex liquid level sensor interfering with Tunze osmalator 3 sensor?

DavidA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 20, 2025
Messages
65
Reaction score
68
Location
Minneapolis
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had problems with a relatively new Tunze osmalator 3 ATO. It is in the return chamber of an IM 40L. The problem is that it frequently fills to the point that the the safety temp based sensor has to stop it and the red light comes on indicating that the safety sensor has been activated. I worked with Roger from Tunze and still had the problem with UV light and refugium lights off. There was also no siphoning going on (reservoir below tank, drainage tip above water line). Roger sent me a new sensor which I installed last night

Uv and refugium lights still off. It worked last night but this morning the same thing happened shortly after I moved a 15 inch apex liquid level sensor right next to it. The sensor is electrostatic tape. The problem is clearly related to my set up as it happened with 2 different sensors. I reached out again to Roger to see whether he has heard of the Apex liquid level sensor interfering? OF note, UV light interferes with the infrared ATO sensor through electronic interference (not light mediated). I wonder if the liquid level sensor is interfering through a similar mechanism.

I just moved the liquid level sensor away from the ATO sensor. While I wait for these results and to hear from Roger from Tunze, I am wondering if anyone else has experienced problems with the Apex liquid level sensor interfering with the ATO senso
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new