Anyone familiar with this return pump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter saber2th
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saber2th

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if anyone on here has or had this return pump or know any info on it? It's the Aqua Excel DC Pump DC-3000LV. Here's a link if interested. Thanks for looking!
http://www.tbaquatics.com/aqua-excel/aqua-excel-variable-speed-submersible-dc-pump-dc-3000lv/

FEATURES:
  • 3000LV
  • High performance motor with innovation electronics
  • Energy saving- up to 50% than before
  • Six speeds/RPM variable
  • Very quiet operation
  • Used for saltwater and freshwater
  • No copper components
  • 10-minute FEED mode (10 min. pause, then auto resumes)

TECHNICAL SPECS:
  • Model Input Output Watt Q.max(l/h) Head max(m)
  • DC-3000LV AC100-240V 50/60HZ DC 24V 2.5A 25 3000 3
 
Looks like average dc return pump I personally love the dc return pumps. Check jabeo dct pumps on eBay may save you some money.

Pump is for a 130 gal with a 50 gal sump/refugium with approx. 4-5' of head height, which size would you recommend?
 
Depends on the overflow and what it's rated at you want it to flow a little slower then the flow it can handle for noise reasons lol. That's a beautiful thing with the dc pumps they're ability to control flow better I use a 1300 gph pump on our 40 b with a 29 sump but it's only half way up and feeds 3 reactors without issues. Our overflow handles 1200gph I'm running about 720gph return flow.
 
Sounds like Jaebao is the way to go!! Looking at the info, sounds like a sweet pump!! Still have to buy an overflow box.
Thanks!!
 
Look at aqualink acrylic design products for the overflow box. Great guys and products.

I think I would need to get two of the 2110-Longs. Would the Jaebao dct-12000 be to strong to two of these overflows?
 
dc12000 means you never have to worry about upgrading your pump. just turn it down on the controller and youre good.
 
It should be fine for the two overflows.

These overflows are rated at 550 gph, x2 would be 1100. So if the flow was to strong even at low setting, would I be able to put a inline valve to slow it down further? Or is that bad for pumps?
 
Common practice on AC pumps. In effect adds extra head pressure. Not sure the adjustment intervals of your dc pump, but I'm sure you get it to work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new