Anyone has bubble king skimmer ?

neupane00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey anyone has bubble king skimmer? i have double cone and the fitting between skimmer and pump is with a sillicone. It just seems so loose the part between pump and the sillicone. Did i do anything wrong? i didnt see anything to screw on to the pump. there is a little fitting that goes into silicone coupler and its a slip fitting to pump.

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a gray connector that slips into the silicone hose. That reduces the silicone hose diameter to match the output on the pump. It's not meant to be a very tight fitting. It's there so the pump can be easily removed from the skimmer connection during routine maintenance. It is however tight enough that it eliminates water and air from escaping the connection but the pump output should slip into it without any effort.

OP
OP
neupane00

neupane00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes i have a gray connector. The fitting between connector and red color tube from pump is very loose.. Like even if i slightly move the skimmer, the connection can come off. Normal? I am not suppose to glue the grey connection to pump right?

There is a gray connector that slips into the silicone hose. That reduces the silicone hose diameter to match the output on the pump. It's not meant to be a very tight fitting. It's there so the pump can be easily removed from the skimmer connection during routine maintenance. It is however tight enough that it eliminates water and air from escaping the connection but the pump output should slip into it without any effort.

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is normal and no glue is needed. The pump should push all the way into the gray connection until it bottoms out at the stop on the inside on the inside of the gray connection. That stop contacts the output of the pump and it seals just fine. The pump should slip right out of the connection for easy maintenance. My Supermarin 250 has the same pump and gray connection that slips over the output on the pump and it works great and makes removing the pump simple since you can just slip the pump out without even moving or having to grab the skimmer. It was designed that way for a reason which is ease of maintenance and it eliminates the need to fight with a silicone hose when you do routine maintenance.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back