Anyone has experience with harlequin shrimp ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter neupane00
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

neupane00

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2015
Messages
843
Reaction score
285
Location
New Jersey, USA
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Planning to add harlequin shrimp.. Two questions.

1. i have lot of wrasses, will it be a problem? mystery, labouti, scotts fairy, rhomboid, lineatus etc.

2. do they come up to you and bother you when you have your hands in the tank? they kinda creep me out.
 
Sorry no one has responded to this, don't know if you already have or if it's too late, but I wouldn't add one with the Mystery Wrasse that you have in there. When I first set up my tank I added a small Mystery Wrasse and a medium sized Harlequin Shrimp. They actually did really well together for a year but as soon as the wrasse got big enough to eat it, it was gone. I've got 6 Wrasses in my tank-Mystery, Kuiters Leopard, Flame wrasse, Pygmy Possum, Yellow Corris and a Yellow Fin. Out of all of those the Mystery Wrasse is the only one that worries me. I've even added cleaner shrimp that I thought he would leave alone since they you know clean the fish. He went all crazy on it. Their mouths are built to eat things much larger then their mouths and boy do they do it. Definitely one of my favorite fish but also one that makes it so I can't really have any shrimp. Hence why I set up a nano tank at work that has them all in it lol.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new