• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Anyone have an old RE-RD3-80W-10V red dragon 3 mini speedy 80w DC pump "controller"?

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my "RE-RD3-80W-10V red dragon 3 mini speedy 80w DC pump" controller die. Just the controller is dead. Not the pump. Does anyone have it laying around that you might want to sell due to your 80w pump dying?

Contact me if so. We can work something out.

OP
OP
fcmatt

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I bought a new red dragon pump I still have my old pump laying around in need of a controller. This thread will be bumped from time to time in a hunt for a used 80 watt controller. I check reef2reef pretty much weekly and even if this thread is 3-6 months old I am still looking from a controller! Post here, message me, and let me know if you have one for sale.

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same thing happened to mine. There is a guy on the royal exclusiv Facebook group, he's out of Australia, he can help with a non RE controller replacement.

OP
OP
fcmatt

fcmatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to mine. There is a guy on the royal exclusiv Facebook group, he's out of Australia, he can help with a non RE controller replacement.

Did you use that person to fix yours? Any pics of what it looks like? Thank you for the tip.

You probably already know re has basically abandoned us 80 watt pump users from getting proper support due to the age of the pump. I know I could hack a new 100 watt controller to work with it but I am trying to find a cheaper option first.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I realize this is an old thread. My RD3 150W controller just died I'm sending it off to fix reef.com to be repaired at a cost of $100.00.

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update from fix reef: "The power circuit failed on this unit. This is by far the most common issue with these controllers. I’ve replaced the failed components with upgraded top quality parts."

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update from fix reef: "The power circuit failed on this unit. This is by far the most common issue with these controllers. I’ve replaced the failed components with upgraded top quality parts."
How is the repair working out for you?

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back