Anyone have experience w Sicce SDC 3.0?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone played around with this pump yet? I am just setting mine up today and had some questions.

Feed mode: It looks like you have to set this up at a specific time. Is that correct? Not very useful IMO, unless you use an autofeeder. And since there isn't a feed mode button on the controller, that's pretty disappointing. I want an easy way to turn the pump off for 10 minutes and have it turn back on without intervention (since I'm super forgetful LOL)

Pause mode: I haven't played with this yet - could this be my feed mode? Can I pause it and specify the amount of time at that point, so I don't have to remember to restart the pump?

I had originally purchased the 6.0 (which has a better controller) but it was too big for my sump. I do have an Apex EL, so if I need to, I can use that for the feed mode, but I'd prefer not to.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I had time to play with the pause mode, and it will function as a feed mode. I haven't figured out yet, how long it is, but it's more than 6 minutes and less than 8 LOL. I do wish there was a button for feed mode on the controller, but I did realize that before I bought it.

JV1981

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased mine about 2 weeks ago, If you download the app you can easily pause the pump so it stops, once your done its a simple press on your app and it starts back up.

I do like the features that it comes with via the app, the temperature readings is an addition and you can set an alarm on the temp if it goes too hot or if it gets too cold.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased mine about 2 weeks ago, If you download the app you can easily pause the pump so it stops, once your done its a simple press on your app and it starts back up.

I do like the features that it comes with via the app, the temperature readings is an addition and you can set an alarm on the temp if it goes too hot or if it gets too cold.
Yup I used the app. The pause feature will turn it back on automatically. No need to do it manually again (using pause rather than off)

Athyrios

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm adding my question to this thread, even though the thread is 2 years old :) I hope I'm posting in the right place.

I have the Sicce SDC 3.0, and I'm trying to figure out the pause/feed mode. Sicce support said feed mode is "defaulted to run at 0% for 5 minutes", and if I want a different setting I need to do that through a new System. I'm using the Contrall app.

I set up a new System, and I see where I can add custom "feeds" ... but they all ask for a time and a duration. I don't want it on a schedule. I just want to press a button and have the pump run at 30% for 10 minutes (which is just enough to stop a back-siphon), and then return to the normal 60% speed.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back