Anyone have experience with the k7 over a deep tank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking at adding 3 k7 pro to supplement what I have already, anyone have any real world par readings from a deep 24-36” deep tank?

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36" deep tank with one K7 on it now. I have two more K7s coming today (if USPS doesn't delay it any further) and just got a PAR-Wise meter. Once I get them set up I will post my results here with comparison to the Apex PAR meter and Seneye PAR meter.

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 36" deep tank with one K7 on it now. I have two more K7s coming today (if USPS doesn't delay it any further) and just got a PAR-Wise meter. Once I get them set up I will post my results here with comparison to the Apex PAR meter and Seneye PAR meter.
Look forward to see the results I want to pull the trigger on these to give an extra boost to my current lighting.

I can't comment on the k7 pro but I can tell you even at like 60% blur and uv and 10 white the k7 mini pushes 250 to 300 par on a 18 inch deep tank. They push massive par.
That 250-300 par is that center under the light what’s the reading out to the edges?

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the lights came but there was no "X" bracket or arm despite the website stating it was included. I think there is some communication breakdown in the Chi-English translation. I have an email in to them. Awaiting an answer. I'll keep you posted.

mwil79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look forward to see the results I want to pull the trigger on these to give an extra boost to my current lighting.

That 250-300 par is that center under the light what’s the reading out to the edges?

Roughly 200 around the edges, its a 20g cube so not a huge footprint.

Jim Gomoll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a couple Noopsyche K7 Pro3s for a 120 that's in build stage so I can not comment on par readings, but I did came across this R2R posting. Hope it helps

PAR Readings for Noopsyche K7 Pro III on my 125 franx Apr 26, 2023​

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the lights came but there was no "X" bracket or arm despite the website stating it was included. I think there is some communication breakdown in the Chi-English translation. I have an email in to them. Awaiting an answer. I'll keep you posted.

My minis were missing one arm but the noopsych rep on this forum sent me one after I messaged him. I'd pm him.

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol that's funny. Mine had the arm but missing the xbracket and 5 screws. Message @Zach B and he should take care of you. He was responsive and sent out the parts quickly.

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought a couple Noopsyche K7 Pro3s for a 120 that's in build stage so I can not comment on par readings, but I did came across this R2R posting. Hope it helps

PAR Readings for Noopsyche K7 Pro III on my 125 franx Apr 26, 2023​

This is exactly what I was looking for!

Aslong as i can get 100+ par on the sand bed at 30” I’ll be happy. Im adding 3 to blend in with my 4 kessil lights to boost par in the fringes of my setup without adding 2 more kessils

El Toro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. I ordered the Light bundle and there was neither bracket. So I emailed. They sent the arm but no X bracket. So I emailed, they blamed the shipper for having the package returned to them. Im still waiting for an X bracket. It been 3 months.

OP
OP
Swfiend

Swfiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. I ordered the Light bundle and there was neither bracket. So I emailed. They sent the arm but no X bracket. So I emailed, they blamed the shipper for having the package returned to them. Im still waiting for an X bracket. It been 3 months.
Hey are you el toro on bd too?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Please send me your info, I will have it sent priority tomorrow am

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you written to @Zach B about it? Might be a quick way to get that resolved?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 43 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back