Anyone Here Know About Baseball Cards?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have several rookie cards. All are graded except one, and I'd like to get that one graded too.

Can anyone tell me where I can take this card to get it graded?

There are some places on line, but I'm skeptical. I mean, How do I know if I'm getting the same card back?

CubsFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really. I’m most familiar with PSA. I’ve got a ton of cards. None are graded. Most are cards from the 80s. What are some of your favorite cards that you own?

I am also considering getting some of my cards graded. Don’t want to spend to get something graded if the card isn’t worth much.

my favorite card I have is a Johnny bench rookie. It’s in rough shape. Probably wouldn’t get that graded.
I’ve also thought about getting some of my comics graded as well.

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Derek Jeter rookie cards. Both are rated 9.

I have a Nomar Garciapara rookie card rated 9.

And I have an ungraded Ken Griffy Jr. card encased in acrylic but not graded. But I don't want mail it in. I'm looking for a place that I can carry it in and have them do the grading with me.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to collect back in my teenage days in the mid to late 80's. I have complete 1988 & 89 Topps sets. Biggest of that pile is a Randy Johnson, Ken Griffey Jr., and Tom Glavin rookie cards.

For grading PSA or Beckett is what matters, now since the market has gone gonzo cyclic, everyone wants PSA for high dollar cards. I did Beckett grading on most of mine with triple digit value @ the time, about 5 years ago. The price to value is insane currently and the turn around was 3-6 months last time I checked.

OP
OP
Dom

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to collect back in my teenage days in the mid to late 80's. I have complete 1988 & 89 Topps sets. Biggest of that pile is a Randy Johnson, Ken Griffey Jr., and Tom Glavin rookie cards.

For grading PSA or Beckett is what matters, now since the market has gone gonzo cyclic, everyone wants PSA for high dollar cards. I did Beckett grading on most of mine with triple digit value @ the time, about 5 years ago. The price to value is insane currently and the turn around was 3-6 months last time I checked.

But no places where you can walk in and get it appraised?

If I send it in, how do I know I am getting the same card back?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But no places where you can walk in and get it appraised?

If I send it in, how do I know I am getting the same card back?
You can try a card shop for a rough number, then have the card insured when you mail it in as PSA & Beckett does anyway. There is a risk, but I've never heard of a grading shop do anyone wrong over a card. Now a card shop, those folks are shysters. They will under value anything or try a bait n switch.

I went to a card show to get mine graded with Beckett, I believe you can still do that. Just have to look up collector card shows in your area and start there.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back