Anyone into planted marine tanks?

Piotrek

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Messages
84
Reaction score
85
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

[MEDIA_URL]4565937[/MEDIA_URL]
 
That looks awesome!
Thank you. It's primarily a refugium tank, but the overall look I managed to achieve got me thinking it might be a good idea to setup the entire system this way.
The fish under light suitable more for a refugium (red maxed out) look entirely different. I've never seen a zebrasoma scopas with red top reflexes before.
 
Planted marine tanks are such a cool concept! I love how macroalgae adds color and gives the tank a more natural look. Has anyone here had success keeping macroalgae alongside corals without running into nutrient competition or algae taking over?
 
Planted marine tanks are such a cool concept! I love how macroalgae adds color and gives the tank a more natural look. Has anyone here had success keeping macroalgae alongside corals without running into nutrient competition or algae taking over?
In that refugium I posted there are a few soft corals that I moved with the rock. Keeping corals alongside macro would require a lot of trimming, for one thing.
In the past I experimented with keeping both and found the tank look "dirty" or neglected when 1 was run with the other.
I managed to achieve something like this and at that point I tore down the macro.

1791540316081.png
 
I have never had one, but I will say I would love to have a mangrove focused tank one day
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new