Anyone keep a marine planted tank?

Claus84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am setting up a new 55g FOWLR (48"x15"18" - no sump) tank primarily as a new home for my Biota coral beauty and i've been thinking about adding a pair or small group of Biota aiptasia eating filefish, knowing these fish are commonly found in weeded areas and seagrass beds in the wild got me thinking it might be quite cool to replicate this and create a bit of lagoon tank with an open area of different macro algae and then lots of perimeter rockwork for the angel.

Does anyone have experience of setting up a macro algae tank? If so any recomendations on easy species I could add? Only planning on having a couple of 39w T5 bulbs as a start so I appreciate I might need to upgrade these first unless there are any species which thrive under less intense lighting. I was looking at less palatable species such as Halimeda and Pencillus to keep the angel at bay but not sure how easy these are.

Thanks

Nick

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's someone on here that has exactly what you're talking about. I searched around and was unable to find it but it's an absolutely beautiful tank. IIRC he doesn't even use T5 bulbs, he uses natural sunlight and similar things.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 126 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back