Anyone know what this little guy is?

SHNICI

Well-Known Member and Coral Cabin owner
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I do, but I think I’m understaffed. Time to go on a hiring spree [emoji3]

xD It's good idea to get much as possible How many liters/gallons is your tank, what kind of CUC (Clean Up Crew) you have there ? (snails, slugs like, crabs, shrimps etc .. ) And for how long is your lights on?
Also if you provide less hours the bright light you will reduce the bad algae overgrowing, and when you establish your tank then you can slowly extend the light period.

Regards: SHNICI - Georgi

OP
OP
JimmyJim

JimmyJim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
xD It's good idea to get much as possible How many liters/gallons is your tank, what kind of CUC (Clean Up Crew) you have there ? (snails, slugs like, crabs, shrimps etc .. ) And for how long is your lights on?
Also if you provide less hours the bright light you will reduce the bad algae overgrowing, and when you establish your tank then you can slowly extend the light period.

65g tank. Started with 5 snails, 5 hermits, 2 cleaner shrimp 6 months ago after I cycled and established the tank. Didn’t want anyone starving early on. Been shifting the light cycles recently, which is why I bloomed a bit over the past 3 weeks. Plan on doubling up on the snails and crabs, also adding a tuxedo urchin.

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
65g tank. Started with 5 snails, 5 hermits, 2 cleaner shrimp 6 months ago after I cycled and established the tank. Didn’t want anyone starving early on. Been shifting the light cycles recently, which is why I bloomed a bit over the past 3 weeks. Plan on doubling up on the snails and crabs, also adding a tuxedo urchin.
I run with 6G with the same amount hermits, but have in my one 10+ snails and many Stomatela slug/snails 1Cleaner and 2 sexy shrimp there. I had Tuxedo Urchin, but I give it back to the LFS, just because for my Nano, it don't allow the Coraline algae (red, purple, pink and plate), it eat all of them (now I'm seeding again for Coraline algae).Have in the mind if you get more, but you like/love the Coraline algae, the urchin may eat it, or damage some areas which look good. It also eat and most of the Macro algae, if you keep some (as plants) in the DT.
Get if you can, minimum 3 different Snails, there are so many SP on the market, and each have it own benefits xD.
The time for the tank to settle is good, if you check your parameters during the period of cycling and they are stable for the last month.., you are ready to go with corals and fish, but don't put all together at once, slowly and check the water parameters minimum day after you put something new there.
Good Luck Mate, here you can find many answers, for almost everything. And the support team it's really amazing xD

OP
OP
JimmyJim

JimmyJim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run with 6G with the same amount hermits, but have in my one 10+ snails and many Stomatela slug/snails 1Cleaner and 2 sexy shrimp there. I had Tuxedo Urchin, but I give it back to the LFS, just because for my Nano, it don't allow the Coraline algae (red, purple, pink and plate), it eat all of them (now I'm seeding again for Coraline algae).Have in the mind if you get more, but you like/love the Coraline algae, the urchin may eat it, or damage some areas which look good. It also eat and most of the Macro algae, if you keep some (as plants) in the DT.
Get if you can, minimum 3 different Snails, there are so many SP on the market, and each have it own benefits xD.
The time for the tank to settle is good, if you check your parameters during the period of cycling and they are stable for the last month.., you are ready to go with corals and fish, but don't put all together at once, slowly and check the water parameters minimum day after you put something new there.
Good Luck Mate, here you can find many answers, for almost everything. And the support team it's really amazing xD

Thanks for the tips!!! I’m finding a wealth of knowledge here at R2R. I’ve been on the freshwater side for a LONG time, now I’m wondering what took me so long to get over to the exciting world of salt!

SHNICI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips!!! I’m finding a wealth of knowledge here at R2R. I’ve been on the freshwater side for a LONG time, now I’m wondering what took me so long to get over to the exciting world of salt!

WoW, I'm still and on the FW too (probably have there 7-9 years exp.), have 200l tank, and decide slowly to move to the SW xD, just want to get the stuff properly for about half year.., and probably after I'll move the FW to SW tank.
Most of the reefers I think become from the FW tank I think.

OP
OP
JimmyJim

JimmyJim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b34d9121afb263fcbad84e43063e440c.jpg

Update on his progress ^^^

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back