Anyone know what this string could be?

miggz4life

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2025
Messages
31
Reaction score
5
Location
British Columbia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing this white thing come from the Acro. I tried turkey basting it off and also sucking it in the turkey baster but it seems to be part of the coral?

Salinity: 1.025
Nitrate: 3
Phosphate: 0.01
Alkalinity: 9.3
Calcium: 500
Magnesium: 1500
PXL_20250612_064944788.jpg


PXL_20250612_064944788.jpg
 
Do I need to do anything for it? I fed the tank a yesterday but it came out today
 
Do I need to do anything for it? I fed the tank a yesterday but it came out today

Could be a feeding response or from stress, I would just let it do its thing. One of my colonies puts out small ones in random spots as a feeding response. Maybe its just happy to see you 😂
 
I personally would not worry about it unless you noticed your acro looking different
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new