Anyone know what this white stuff is on my live rock?

heyyitsbean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently found this on my live rock coming home from vacation, I also discovered baby snails yet I don’t think they are eggs, not too concerned but better safe than sorry!
49DB9494-5E91-4016-BCFC-FF47ED16CBD5.jpeg

yuzu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are pineapple sponges, should be safe

OP
OP
heyyitsbean

heyyitsbean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh thank you, a little bit worried before but thank you for the help, This is such an amazing and well educated community that I feel doesn’t get enough respect and attention!

bbpros2b

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like sponges to me!
Hey I’m Cody, I’m new to this site and reefing in general. I know very little but I wanted to know can you identify what this is on my rock? This rock is in a fully cycled bare bottom Qt tank for Anemones only. The tank had a water change after last anemone was quarantined for 3 weeks in it. Tank has been running 2 weeks with nothing in it just waiting on an order for the next quarantine and noticed this weird white filler like glue looking substance in the pores on my rock tonight? Mind you I do have tons of copepods in this tank from doing water change in this tank for several months with clean cycled Display Tank water to kick start the cycling process. Is there a possibility that that is like a copepod nest or eggs? What do you think? Anything to worry about?
80937E16-316E-417E-987F-D9A7944D8EB3.jpeg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 49.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 56 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back