Something is growing on my live rock

Reefer555

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
Argyle
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a new reefer and have had my tank for 6 days. I started cycling it with half live rock half dry rock, after two days I added a clown per my local fish store, he is doing great. About 4 days in I noticed this growing on my live rock but none of the pictures I see look like it. Over the last two days it hasn't really grown much. Any help is appreciated!

ezgif-2-57cd4cac49.jpg
 
I believe it's all the same thing but what I noticed right off the bat is the tube shaped stuff and then there are many that are kind of spiraled up in a circle too.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I agree that the picture looks pretty busy - I do see what looks like it might be vermetid snail tubes though, which most would say to remove (assuming there are live vermetids in them, that is).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new