OP
OP
I

insurance_guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an IM 200 ext that I put in my basement. Ended up hiring insured movers. Took 5 of them and me to get it down there. Definitely get quality suction cups to say the least.
Granted the weight is "packaged weight". However, I'd be surprised if the pallet weighed 300 lbs. They also list the stand weight of 115lbs separately. Tank is made from 3/4" glass so I have to believe their listed weight is darn near close.

Specs:

Aquarium:

• Approximately 200 Gallons
  • Dimensions: 30" x 70.9" x 21.7"
  • Solid Glass Overflow DIMS: 15.7" x 3.5" x 5.9"
  • Created Package Weight: 678 lbs.
  • Included Plumbing: 2 - 3/4" NUVO Nozzles [Return] 1- Primary Drain Assembly [Overflow] 1 - E-Drain Assembly, 1 - Secondary E-Drain Assembly
  • 3 - 1" Pre-drilled "Bean Animal" Internal Overflow [Primary Drain, Emergency Drain and Secondary E-Drain]
  • 2 - 3/4" Pre-drilled Return Hole
  • Laser Cut Black Acrylic Weir w/ Slot Cut Rear Glass Panel
  • Ultra-Thick 19mm High Clarity Low Iron Glass
  • Euro Brace Thickness: 15mm
  • Bottom Glass Thickness: 22mm
  • Diamond Edged Flat Polished
  • Signature Black Silicone
  • Pre-Installed Rubber Leveling Mat
  • Pre-Assembled SafeScreen Mesh Screen Lid
  • Recommended Return Pump Flow Rate: 2000-4000GPH
Thanks, I kept reading that and thought that might be the case. It's my dream tank for sure. We shall see how it goes!

OP
OP
I

insurance_guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I built a 4"x4"x9' skid frame for my 300g tank, 10 of us slid i down my basement stairs on that frame, then put it on roller dollies and positioned it, then we lifted it onto the stand.

There are companies that provide this service for you, but I like doing everything myself and I am not afraid to call on my friends for assistance.

Give ya an idea, I have a 30+ yr old Oceanic 300g 8foot tank, dimensions are 96x31x24 inches. It weighs nearly 1000lbs empty, bottom is 3/4 inch thick glass,
sides are 5/8ths inch thick.

20240520_070858[1].jpg

20240520_070858[1].jpg
Awesome, do you have any photos of the skid that you built?

OP
OP
I

insurance_guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask your local Reef Club members which Locally Owned to Moving Company moves Aquariums. Had a 120 Gallon, with bad knees, and in my late 60’s it wasn’t going to be me or my old friends. Since I wasn’t too particular about the time, they came over and did it cheap, when they had another move nearby.
Great idea, time to find my local club!

OP
OP
I

insurance_guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got too scared…decided to go smaller with a 150 Lagoon Reef. Thank you for the feedback. Some great ideas including the stair lift and skid

But, my reef is purchased!

Back