Anyone tried the Aqua Medic Defroster+ ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Titus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Titus

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2012
Messages
226
Reaction score
10
Location
Dallas, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stumbled apon the Aqua Medic Defroster+ today and wondered if anyone had tried one? I currently don't make family or tank watchers go through my thaw and strain process when I am away, but this looks like it might make it reasonable to ask them to do it.
 
I'd love to know if anyone used it as well, looks like something I may want to consider purchasing somewhere down the road.
 
I sent a note to the guys at Reef Builders to see if they can get one for a write up.
 
haha same here i have almost bought one about 5 times. I just can't tell how big the holes are in the strainer. I don't wanna plop down 20 bucks then have to mod it.
 
haha same here i have almost bought one about 5 times. I just can't tell how big the holes are in the strainer. I don't wanna plop down 20 bucks then have to mod it.
Oh come on... someone needs to be the guinea pig! LOL :bounce:
 
I talked to a guy who works at Aqua Medic today. He said it would filter out med sized brine, adult brine and anything larger. Cyclopes are a bit small and it would only filter out about half of them.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new