Anyone upgrade Frag Rack to Locking Frag Rack?

  • Thread starter Thread starter West1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
2,226
Reaction score
689
Location
Idaho
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve got a few frag racks and I’m getting tired of reaching in the back of my 525xl to place knocked over frags back in the rack. I know others with Acros share the same frustration!

Anyone mod one so it’s got a diy locking mechanism? What material did you use if so?

My frags say THANK YOU!

IMG_5687.jpeg
 
There are rocks with a layer of rubber sandwiched between two acrylic sheets, at the site of frag holes u get extensions of the rubber which are sliced and protruding a bit in the whole, this makes adapting to different frag plug tips easy and causes a bit of resistance when pulling frags out.
 
There are rocks with a layer of rubber sandwiched between two acrylic sheets, at the site of frag holes u get extensions of the rubber which are sliced and protruding a bit in the whole, this makes adapting to different frag plug tips easy and causes a bit of resistance when pulling frags out.
Do you know what type of rubber? Assuming there’s different types of rubber.
I do plan to buy future frag racks w/locking system, just want to upgrade the ones I have.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new