Anyone use a Raspberry Pie for your tank?

One Reefing Boi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone use one for a controller or a monitor? I have one that I haven't used in about 2 years and wondering if I could make it into a makeshift Apex system (at least just so I can monitor things myself).

Do you use a Rasp Pie for anything? If so, what!

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

;)

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several threads on R2R about ReefPi and Ranjib and others are great about answering questions. Also look into RoboTank which is basically ReefPi and all you need to do is add your source of raspberry. I am still learning about it so may not ha summarized correctly. @Ranjib @robsworld78

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several threads on R2R about ReefPi and Ranjib and others are great about answering questions. Also look into RoboTank which is basically ReefPi and all you need to do is add your source of raspberry. I am still learning about it so may not ha summarized correctly. @Ranjib @robsworld78

Thanks for the mention. My controller is just hardware, it eliminates the need to build the various circuits to control things, reef-pi does all the heavy lifting.

Depending what you want to do you don't need anything but the Raspberry Pi, if you like DIY you can build out everything yourself, here's some instructions Ranjib put together.

If you have more questions let us know.

#reefpi

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back