Anyone use LRS Frenzy foods

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been feeding my entire tank LRS Reef Frenzy for almost a year now. I've been a reefer for 5yrs and have pretty much tried them all. Hands down Reef Frenzy is the cleanest, purest and most readily accepted food I've ever used. Even my Scooter Dragonet loved it! Today it is the ONLY frozen food I feed my tank.

ohioreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Frenzy is the bomb!! I have been in the hobby for 15 years and this is the best I have ever found. Nothing else goes into my tank. My corals and fish have never been happier.! :pray2:

OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very excited to get some tomorrow..i will post a pic of my fish eating it :) I wanted to hear everyone's opinion before I bought it because i have to drive a little ways to get it. but it will be worth it!!

powdermonkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will be happy you made the trip. I suggest you buy a lasting supply unless you want to make the drive again. Great food and Larry was a pleasure to deal with!

OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yes we have a big outdoor freezer so we will be stocking up haha I am hoping that my LFS will look into them and decide to start carrying it
You will be happy you made the trip. I suggest you buy a lasting supply unless you want to make the drive again. Great food and Larry was a pleasure to deal with!

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, I love all the support from our fans here on Reef2Reef!

Lockridge, please check out this food selection chart to determine which blends are appropriate for your system. I recommend 90% of reefers alternate between the Reef Frenzy and Fish or Herbivore for their feedings. This seems to provide the best balance of nutrients for the fish and inverts with the broadest spectrum of nutrients.

Here is the link to our FAQ page and the first Red Button opens the PDF. FAQ

BTW- we have a lot of cool things planned for 2014, including a busy show schedule the next 3 months.

Try and see us and get a LRS fortune cookie!

ScreenShot2014-02-07at12806PM_zpsce5254de.png

Also, if you have not browsed around the new LRS Website, please take a moment to visit. We have uploaded a feeding video with the studio recorded version of Reef Frenzy Blues playing in the background! Below that video is the one where we open a pack of LRS Fish Frenzy and eat it on camera. Try THAT with the other fish foods in your freezer!

Here is the link: Reef Frenzy, Best Reef Food - Larry's Reef Services, Llc - Advance, Nc : Other

Keep the comments coming!

Thanks,
Larry

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ii am a fan of it. I started using it two months ago. I am new to the hobby and it is the only frozen food that the LFS (The Reef Shack) I prefer offered me when I asked. His fish and tanks are the best looking (in my opinion) of any salt water fish store that I have been to so far. I let that convince me to spend the money. I have used a couple other San Francisco Bay frozen foods on occasion but the fish don't react the same way that they do with LRS Reef Frenzy.

OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ii am a fan of it. I started using it two months ago. I am new to the hobby and it is the only frozen food that the LFS (The Reef Shack) I prefer offered me when I asked. His fish and tanks are the best looking (in my opinion) of any salt water fish store that I have been to so far. I let that convince me to spend the money. I have used a couple other San Francisco Bay frozen foods on occasion but the fish don't react the same way that they do with LRS Reef Frenzy.

Thats cool that you LFS uses it for their own fish. I have wanted a mandarin goby for a long time and as soon my tank is mature enough I think I will get one knowing that alot of people say they will eat LRS so thata exciting :)

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats cool that you LFS uses it for their own fish. I have wanted a mandarin goby for a long time and as soon my tank is mature enough I think I will get one knowing that alot of people say they will eat LRS so thata exciting :)

Lockridge,

We have many of our stores who purchase about 25% of their monthly order for use in their store aquariums. The reason is that just like the video on our website demonstrates, finicky fish such as copper bands, leopard wrasses, and rare angels will often eat our fresh blends sooner than other prepared foods. When you are unpacking fish, getting them to eat quickly is a big plus. I cannot make any promises on mandarins however. Many have to be coaxed into eating nonliving foods, but these fish require a lot of TLC sometimes and what works for others may not work for you.

Here are a few neat videos:

Four Day old Shark: 4 day old bamboo shark eating Larry' Fish Frenzy F - YouTube

User submitted video of a Copperband eating LRS: LRS REEF FRENZY / Copperband Butterfly - YouTube

Spot feeding our spoiled fish - YouTube

Feeding our Cowfish LRS Reef Frenzy - YouTube

LRS Herbivore Frenzy w/Blue Hippo Tang (Week 3 in QT) - YouTube

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know for sure that is what they feed at the reef shack I just know everything I have bought from him has been healthy and his tanks look amazing. I trust his opinion because he hasn't given me a reason not to. Other stores have given me reason not to trust them but that is not what we are here to talk about. My fish love LRS Reef Frenzy and react to it much differently than any other frozen foods I have tried. They are much more active at feeding time and none of the food ever makes it to the bottom. My poor crabs in the 30 just get to smell it lol

Sn4k33Y3z

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met Larry once when he first was getting on the scene at one of our LFS In Atlanta (Pure Reef). I've been frequenting
Pure Reef at least once a week for as long as I can remember. That being said, I've witnessed multiple feedings in their many DT's over the years. Needless to say, I've grown accustom to each tanks feeding response. When Larry came into the store to do a demo of his foods in action, I was anxious to watch. Honestly, I didn't expect really anything more then what I had always seen in the past. However, that wasn't what happened. The response I witnessed from these feedings was honestly amazing! All I'll say is, try and see for yourself!

OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just picked up are first batch of reef frenzy and I can't wait to test it out on our baby clowns that come Wednesday. I'll post a picture when I get them yay

steamer51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several local reefers swear by LRS Food and have to force themselves to stop talking about it and BREATHE. We are trying to get some of our LFS to stock it which is Larry's preferred method of sales but until then will try the group buy way.

jason g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just started using Reef Frenzy. I can say it doesn't cloud my tank and all my fish and coral seem to love it. Just a little piece goes a long way. The down fall is the closest store to me that carries it is a three hour drive.

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on what Triggerthis said. It is ultra clean and dense, and he's spot on with that complete post regarding my experience. I've tried spot feeding my LPS after lights out and they don't go for it; it doesn't seem to trigger the feeding response in them. The fish definitely like it, especially the meat eaters. I'm on the fence though on whether I'll buy it again.

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on what Triggerthis said. It is ultra clean and dense, and he's spot on with that complete post regarding my experience. I've tried spot feeding my LPS after lights out and they don't go for it; it doesn't seem to trigger the feeding response in them. The fish definitely like it, especially the meat eaters. I'm on the fence though on whether I'll buy it again.

I'm not buying it anymore. It's great but just not for me.
And idk what everyone's talking about with feeding response from their fish. And the fish going crazy for it???
I could throw a wad of grass clippings and sticks in my tank and my tangs would still go nuts trying to eat it all as fast as they can lol.
So I guess I can deduce that it didn't lessen their feeding response any. :)
So that's good!

I'm deff gonna feed it in my 8 gal nano tank though. I don't need any extra nutrients going in that tiny tank .

OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know what your saying some fish will get excited over anything haha I am going to give it a run. I have have a bank also and I don't want that extra nutrients either
I'm not buying it anymore. It's great but just not for me.
And idk what everyone's talking about with feeding response from their fish. And the fish going crazy for it???
I could throw a wad of grass clippings and sticks in my tank and my tangs would still go nuts trying to eat it all as fast as they can lol.
So I guess I can deduce that it didn't lessen their feeding response any. :)
So that's good!

I'm deff gonna feed it in my 8 gal nano tank though. I don't need any extra nutrients going in that tiny tank .

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back