I was thinking, well I have a bank too what does that have to do with it? Ha

But yeah I'm deff using it on my nano.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not buying it anymore. It's great but just not for me.
And idk what everyone's talking about with feeding response from their fish. And the fish going crazy for it???
I could throw a wad of grass clippings and sticks in my tank and my tangs would still go nuts trying to eat it all as fast as they can lol.
So I guess I can deduce that it didn't lessen their feeding response any. :)
So that's good!

I'm deff gonna feed it in my 8 gal nano tank though. I don't need any extra nutrients going in that tiny tank .

Trigger, Thanks for your feedback!

The "feeding response" referred to is that the majority of our retail stores feed the LRS foods to new arrivals, and have recorded less fish losses because few fish refuse to eat. We have a store in SC that feeds our foods exclusively to all the fish that arrive and they stated ion 2013 our foods helped them refuse losses by a huge amount. Fish such as copper bands, leopard wrasses, regal angels and others often take to it within hours of being unbagged. These are not my claims, but merely what folks report to us. There are plenty of Youtube videos and other comments online echoing these findings.

Once your fish get used to your tank and photoperiod of course they eat almost anything that hits the water, but our foods helps the transition, or so it seems.

There is a video with a about 30+ species feeding at a store here: Reef Frenzy, Best Reef Food - Larry's Reef Services, Llc - Advance, Nc : Other

Yes I know what your saying some fish will get excited over anything haha I am going to give it a run. I have have a bank also and I don't want that extra nutrients either

Lockridge, we make a dedicated nano food as well and we sell hundreds and hundreds of packs a month of this food. It is the same food as the Reef Frenzy, just with no seaweed or veggies. If you are concerned about excess nutrients, simply rinse the food every other feeding if you feel more comfortable. We know that many tanks do not need a lot of micro coral foods so we do not overdose these expensive supplements. We add just enough to get the desired effect, and not pollute the water. Reefing pioneer Albert Thiel has even given our food his endorsement for nano tanks, and recommends it often in his blog.

I hope you enjoy the food and we appreciate your support.

I know my corals certainly react to the Reef Frenzy when I feed as evidenced by this pic, but YMMV.

Extended.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trigger, Thanks for your feedback!

The "feeding response" referred to is that the majority of our retail stores feed the LRS foods to new arrivals, and have recorded less fish losses because few fish refuse to eat. We have a store in SC that feeds our foods exclusively to all the fish that arrive and they stated ion 2013 our foods helped them refuse losses by a huge amount. Fish such as copper bands, leopard wrasses, regal angels and others often take to it within hours of being unbagged. These are not my claims, but merely what folks report to us. There are plenty of Youtube videos and other comments online echoing these findings.

Once your fish get used to your tank and photoperiod of course they eat almost anything that hits the water, but our foods helps the transition, or so it seems.

There is a video with a about 30+ species feeding at a store here: Reef Frenzy, Best Reef Food - Larry's Reef Services, Llc - Advance, Nc : Other

Lockridge, we make a dedicated nano food as well and we sell hundreds of packs a month of this food. It is the same food as the Reef Frenzy, just with no seaweed or veggies. If you are concerned about excess nutrients, simply rinse the food every other feeding if you feel more comfortable. We know that many tanks do not need a lot of micro coral foods so we do not overdose these expensive supplements. We add just enough to get the desired effect, and not pollute the water.

I hope you enjoy the food and we appreciate your support.

I know my corals certainly react to the Reef Frenzy when I feed as evidenced by this pic, but YMMV.

Extended.jpg
I latterly unpacked my clowns acclimated them put them in the tank and did my morning feeding they ate every last bit I am very pleased !!!!

OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol how did it correct to "bank" lol
I was thinking, well I have a bank too what does that have to do with it? Ha

But yeah I'm deff using it on my nano.

Just got my babies here is a pic they ate right away I am so happy !!

Attachments

• 1392842399258.jpg
    1392842399258.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 1392842417695.jpg
    1392842417695.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 39

bbtm64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some corals that weren't doing that well before I started using LRS. Not only have they recovered but they look better than when I first got them.

OP
OP
L

Lockridge49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some corals that weren't doing that well before I started using LRS. Not only have they recovered but they look better than when I first got them.
I noticed that my fussy goni is grabbing the tiny pieces and loving it

jesterisdead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm one of the lucky ones and have Premiumaquatics in my town. They carry the LRS food line and I get it via will call.

Since I went to this food, single feeding covers all my livestock.

I thaw it out and give it a little shake and there are large meaty pieces for my bigger fish, chuncks of Nori for my veggy lovers, smaller pieces for my little guys, and then the "residual" that my corals snap up.

I have to fight my clowns as they will take large pieces to their hosting BTA and actually feed them as well.

"Frenzy" is the perfect name.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%

Back