Anyone using the Sicce Syncra Extra Loud 1.0 for dry pumping?

jellyfish123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 28, 2024
Messages
86
Reaction score
113
Location
Queensland
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I have a waterbox 25 and bought it used and the internet said the syncra silent is the way to go.
Did a little research, made in Italy, got "SILENT" in the name etc etc, sounds great, what's not to love, so I went ahead with it.
It's been loud, very annoyingly loud. I've tried using filter padding on every sides, still loud.
After 3 months of noise, I decided to try a AI Axis knockoff from China and my tank is now dead silent. Go China!

My question is, I wanted to use the pump for water changes now since I use 20L drums to buy saltwater. But the dry pumping doesn't work either it seems?
Do I need to prime the lines? I was hoping to just drop a hose into the drum and place the pump on the drum and get water pumping.

If you have any experience with this please let me know. Happy reefing everyone!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new