Anyone want to see a brand new Waterbox 130.4 come out of the crate?

Dotterer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK.... so does anyone want to help TAKE it out of the crate? :)

Arriving tomorrow by freight in Ridgefield, and I just realized this is a 300 lb tank! Anyone want to come to experience the unboxing and lend a couple hands? LOL.

Reefer Robbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What time is the delivery today? I actually have some time. You could text me 203-278-3238 my name is Rob. I live in Danbury. Question do you have any moving pads they come in handy. Is the tank glass or acrylic?

OP
OP
Dotterer

Dotterer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What time is the delivery today? I actually have some time. You could text me 203-278-3238 my name is Rob. I live in Danbury. Question do you have any moving pads they come in handy. Is the tank glass or acrylic?

Not sure on timing - good chance that it would be tomorrow morning before I’m actually ready to move it inside ( have to build the stand too ). It’s glass ( they even make their sumps glass )

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in danbury but I've gotta get my new 180 into my basement somehow, its hanging out on my trailer at the moment lol. Congrats on the tank

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If possible I’d inspect the glass before the truck drives away. Low chance but Waterbox has had quality control issues with aquariums arriving with cracked glass

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no way you can inspect the glass before the UPS freight driver leaves. The tank comes crated with about twenty 90 degree brackets each needing to have 3~4 screws removed. Then you have to unpack the sump that is within the tank in order to see all the panes correctly. No freight delivery driver is going to wait more then needed to unload your pallet. I considered myself lucky that the driver was even willing to move the pallet into my garage vs leaving it at the driveway.

OP
OP
Dotterer

Dotterer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks pecan, that’s good to know! UPS ended up not getting it on the delivery for Monday, so I need to schedule a new time Monday morning. So annoying

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank line, you'll be impressed.
What type/brand of lighting do you plan for this baby?

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice tip for the driver if he helps you out always works too

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar dimension Cadlight setup that was up but down now and the XR15s are a good choice.
I started with two, then added diffusers, then added a third for less shadowing. The diffusers saves the retinas in an open tank display and does blend the LEDs a tad better but does cost you in PAR intensity IMO.

DnwhK0J.jpg

EIptHyT.jpg

OP
OP
Dotterer

Dotterer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pecan, those look so good. I was thinking the same - that I might need three, but figured I’d save some cash upfront and see :)

Do you ever keep a mesh top or anything over he tank?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I had a BRS DIY screen top. It was just off for maintenance reasons. I looked into the Artfully Acrylic tops, top was somewhat reasonable but wait time was not. The Octo-Lids were less expensive but his shipping was very high so it all worked out to be around the same price.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back