Anyone watch their fish for a long time anymore?

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much time as I can. I try to watch 1.5 hours min work week

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are most people too busy to sit and watch their fish? I feel as thought the whole point of having them is to watch them in both my freshwater and saltwater tank. But I feel as though many simply work on their tanks but don't spend time simply watching them.

Since i got my tank ive looked at nothing else

Sarcazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend more time working on the tank for sure, but it's still in the new period. That said, when I am looking at the tank ... I spend more time watching the cool inverts or checking in on coral growth.

IDK. If not for the food cycle requirement, I could probably do away with fish. They are pretty, but too many other distractions!

chrisgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spend more time working on the tank for sure, but it's still in the new period. That said, when I am looking at the tank ... I spend more time watching the cool inverts or checking in on coral growth.

IDK. If not for the food cycle requirement, I could probably do away with fish. They are pretty, but too many other distractions!
Yeah to be honnest i was into fish first bit now i just look mainly at the corals aswell.

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i watch the critters pretty often, usually when i feed them, i really enjoy the long term evolution of the enclosures

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got made redundant just pre C virus and I have issues that keep me in the house 95% of the time, this would be my view of the big tank reclined in my desk chair, it is scaped to view from my desk chair.
This is the only thing that has helped me get through the past year apart from my daughter, I do have more fish and I know how they all interact, convict is the latest addition, always on the go and is like the annoying new playful puppy in the tank, winds the fish up and shoots off. ;)
Excuse the water, engineer goby is busy!

DSC_0010 (1024x670).jpg

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are most people too busy to sit and watch their fish? I feel as thought the whole point of having them is to watch them in both my freshwater and saltwater tank. But I feel as though many simply work on their tanks but don't spend time simply watching them.

Most days my eyes are on the tank, isy inhabitants in order to learn what normal is. Then when things aren't normal, you're aware of it instantly. Not only do you get enjoyment out of watching your tank, but it's a valuable tool in being proactive about it's unreal health I think.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back