Anything like the Reef Factory Bluetooth pH Meter Available in the USA?

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This thing looks fantastic, but the closest options I can find in the US would be either an APEX/GHL, or a simple pH monitor that doesn't do any tracking, just takes a reading.

Does anyone know of a product that tracks pH over time and records it for you? I don't really need a full blown controller, but a simple pH monitor doesn't seem like it will cut it.

What I'm planning for now is the simple monitor placed in front of a web cam that I can review playback from to see pH fluctuations, but that will be very rudimentary. I'd rather have that information graphed out.

Thanks, all!

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This thing looks fantastic, but the closest options I can find in the US would be either an APEX/GHL, or a simple pH monitor that doesn't do any tracking, just takes a reading.

Does anyone know of a product that tracks pH over time and records it for you? I don't really need a full blown controller, but a simple pH monitor doesn't seem like it will cut it.

What I'm planning for now is the simple monitor placed in front of a web cam that I can review playback from to see pH fluctuations, but that will be very rudimentary. I'd rather have that information graphed out.

Thanks, all!
Unfortunately reef factory products are t available in the US at this time. The Hydros 2 controller might warrant consideration.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately reef factory products are t available in the US at this time. The Hydros 2 controller might warrant consideration.
Thanks. I'm considering it, but would like to hear some reviews first. I'm also not sure it fits the bill, given the 4 outlet hub. I think I'd need at least 8, like the Apex has. I really don't want to shell out all that cash, though. I already have a bunch of smart plugs programmed for all my needs that work flawlessly.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks, all!

Have you looked at the Seneye? I think it will do what you want, at least it says it stores the readings which can be downloaded to a pc. Looks to be cheaper than the reef factory ph meter, but it doesn't come standard with wifi.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will log ph but stores it to an sd card which then you have to load into something like excel. I assume other programs will work. It says you can pick the reading interval from 1 second to 1 hour. Note that the electrodes do not come with it.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you looked at the Seneye? I think it will do what you want, at least it says it stores the readings which can be downloaded to a pc. Looks to be cheaper than the reef factory ph meter, but it doesn't come standard with wifi.
Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought about that, but I don’t have a PC to connect it to (I don’t believe it works with Mac). I’d have to get the web server, which basically bring it to the cost of an APEX EL, or Hydros.

OP
OP
Adamantium

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will log ph but stores it to an sd card which then you have to load into something like excel. I assume other programs will work. It says you can pick the reading interval from 1 second to 1 hour. Note that the electrodes do not come with it.

Appreciate it! That’s an interesting one. A bit pricey, but I guess that’s just the world of reefing, isn’t it?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate it! That’s an interesting one. A bit pricey, but I guess that’s just the world of reefing, isn’t it?

The reef factory unit was $300, though it does have wifi and cloud logging going for it.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestion. I have thought about that, but I don’t have a PC to connect it to (I don’t believe it works with Mac). I’d have to get the web server, which basically bring it to the cost of an APEX EL, or Hydros.

It is usb so you might be able to connect it to the mac and run windows emulation software. I don't know, I'm not a mac person. When I did have one it locked up on me all the time so I stuck with my windows machines.

Back