AP9X LED Lighting Panel question

Theulli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!

I am considering going with this light on my new 100G tank - the dimensions match the coverage of the light almost exactly so it seems a perfect fit. Question I have - does anyone have experience with this light in a high traffic area or office? My aquarium is in my home office, and with my current AI Prime I got a 3D printed hood on it to prevent light glare from reaching outside the tank, and it works great, but I'd rather run one fixture instead of the two primes I'd need for this tank. What I can't have is bright glowing blue lights reflecting off my monitors while I'm working. Anyone dealt with this with Kessill, and if so any tips on how to prevent it?

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello!

I am considering going with this light on my new 100G tank - the dimensions match the coverage of the light almost exactly so it seems a perfect fit. Question I have - does anyone have experience with this light in a high traffic area or office? My aquarium is in my home office, and with my current AI Prime I got a 3D printed hood on it to prevent light glare from reaching outside the tank, and it works great, but I'd rather run one fixture instead of the two primes I'd need for this tank. What I can't have is bright glowing blue lights reflecting off my monitors while I'm working. Anyone dealt with this with Kessill, and if so any tips on how to prevent it?
Hey there,

Kessils do spill light, but so does every other LED fixture until you mount it at the right height.

You will always get a little spill over, but unless you are sitting literally right beside the tank then it should bother any monitors. I have my tank in my home office as well. I have a Kessil A500X and an ATI Straton and neither bother me.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To add, I would mount your Kessils about 9 - 10 inches over the water line. Then depending on your livestock, set your intensity.

Watch both of these:

Hope it helps and if you have more @Kessil questions, let me know.

Back